Specification draft moves to Wikiversity wiki

I’ve moved my work on “Automatic transformation of XML namespaces” to Wikiversity wiki site (as a research project). Now anyone can contribute. See this link: https://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Automatic_transformation_of_XML_namespaces Continue reading Specification draft moves to Wikiversity wiki

A new data description language

There is RDF. Why to create a new data description language? Several RDF files (possibly downloaded from the Web and non-trusted) may be merged in such a way that it creates contradictory data. It contradicts to design goals of this my project. We need to create a language which describes objects and objects are in some sense immutable (cannot be changed by loading one more … Continue reading A new data description language

New flexible recursive retrieval of XML namespaces information

As an update to the previous version of the specification I have written a new draft of Automatic transformation between XML documents with different namespaces. This updated version supports the choice of the user to download only information referenced from the source or only information referenced from the destination. For example, it allows, when directly transforming from an XML namespace A to¬†an XML namespace B, … Continue reading New flexible recursive retrieval of XML namespaces information

Recursive retrieval algorithm for XML transformations changed

About my specification on automatic transformation between XML namespaces: I have rewritten the algorithm of recursive retrieval namespace and XML transformations descriptions. The updated algorithm allows to do such things as to not to download the destination namespace at all if all transformations can be done without its downloading. The algorithms (both the current and the past) however requires to always download information about all … Continue reading Recursive retrieval algorithm for XML transformations changed

Updates to XML transformations specification (now with Turtle)

I have rewritten my draft specification “Automatic transformation between XML documents with different namespaces“. Now it uses Turtle (instead of RDF/XML) syntax in examples. As for now, the algorithm is nearly complete (but may require error checking and also formally explaining what I now just show with examples). Continue reading Updates to XML transformations specification (now with Turtle)

Automatic XML transformations between namespaces – draft status

I have revised the draft about Automatic XML transformations between namespaces. This is the first version of the draft which is nearly complete (except of descriptions of particular transformations). However: There may be errors, omissions, and logical inconsistency. There should be added more formal explanations (not just examples as now), more examples, and more explanation. The standard may change. We can start to implement it. … Continue reading Automatic XML transformations between namespaces – draft status

A new version of XML Namespaces Transformations specification

I’ve updated Automatic transformation between XML documents with different namespaces specification. The main difference of the last updated draft is that it supports running transformations on elements with namespaced attributes: It can be used for example to process XLink attributes, as in this example: <anchor xlink:type=”simple” xlink:href=”#someHeading”>a link</anchor> Note that the detailed example is not yet written and the specification is a rough draft. Continue reading A new version of XML Namespaces Transformations specification

XML namespaces – my development plan

Despite of that I have earlier said that my specification writing fails, I have developed a more or less consistent specification which I am going to implement. I am going to implement it in the form of a HTTP proxy server, in Ada programming language. One reason for this is that Ada is a good programming language, especially for multitasking projects such as proxy servers. … Continue reading XML namespaces – my development plan

My XML standard again fails

I wrote earlier that my XML standard writing (about automatic transformation between XML namespaces) failed. I have later resolved that problem, see standard draft (in Word 97 format), but now I found another problem: For my idea to work in practice, one needs to be able to deal with Turing complete plugins which are however not allowed (for obvious security reasons) to do such things … Continue reading My XML standard again fails