My XML standard again fails

I wrote earlier that my XML standard writing (about automatic transformation between XML namespaces) failed.

I have later resolved that problem, see standard draft (in Word 97 format), but now I found another problem:

For my idea to work in practice, one needs to be able to deal with Turing complete plugins which are however not allowed (for obvious security reasons) to do such things as read/write files.

I thought I can use Java security manager to load such plugins in the form of .class files, but I was told that Java is buggy and therefore not secure.

Without proper security my project is useless (as no reasonable person would run such an insecure software). As such as of 2013 year my project has no practical interest, only theoretical one. I may probably discontinue writing this standard.

One thought on “My XML standard again fails

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.